Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
Why purchase a safe?
Let us be honest, in most homes, valuables are often neglected and kept unattended in a drawer or inside a wardrobe. And what would happen to them in case of a burglary attempt or a fire?
The value-assets can be irreplaceable: a piece of family jewelry, which passes from one generation to another, some old photos, or anything else that is valuable for the owner.
Loss of such property often brings a lot of grief and the replacement of a stolen passport or other documents can cause trouble and time-wasting.
A burglary and fire protected safe works 24/7 against physical threat.
Why choose kaso keeps safe?
- Our company has over a hundred years of experience in production of physical security solutions.
- KASO safes are made in Finland. Our sales team, engineers, and manufacturing plant are all in one place, which allows us to closely monitor all stages of production, carry out quality control, and quickly respond to requests and changes.
- Our safes provide bank-level protection and are tested according to European standards for protection against burglary (EN 1143-1, grade I, II and III) * and fire (NT Fire 017 – 60 minutes Paper).
- Relevantly light weight allows installation practically anywhere.
- All safes are supplied with easy-to-use electronic code lock (EN 1300).
- Finishing of the safe is tailormade according to customer requirements and provides a perfect fit with interior design thanks to various panel options and body colours. Inner fitting is installed by customer specifications and can be ordered later if needed.
- Manufacturing the safes in series help to keep the costs down comparing to other high-end safe.
- KASO is a member of the European Certification Body and is audited annually. As well an ISO-9001 quality control is performed every year by authorised controllers.
What is the difference between keeps E-300 safe and E-500 safe?
Keeps safes are designed to be an elegant part of a home or office space. Various door panel and body options make it easy to implement it to any interior.
Both safes come in black or white body colour as standard but have different front door panel finishing.
What is the recommended insurance rate?
It is advisable to inquire about insurance rate, as well as insurance terms, from your own insurance company. Rules and recommendations may vary in different countries.
You can check recommendations bellow: Essa – Recommended insurance amounts in Europe
- Grade I is commonly used in households and Grade III is used in most banks.
E-300 series safes
- This is the KASO classic model, which stays very popular for many years.
- Different sizes for different needs: volume from 87 to 211 liters of usable space.
- The sliding cover is black as standard but can be painted same colour as the safes.
- Door panel options: Birch, Mahogany, White (RAL 9003), or Black (RAL 9005).
E-500 series safes
- The newest model in KASO range.
- Price winning modern design with elegant luxury filling.
- The lock placement is lifted to the top very convenient for users.
- Easy to use – the door locks automatically when the door is closed.
- Door panel options: Maple, Smoky Brown Pear, Wenge, or White (RAL 9003).
Why safes must be tested?
KASO safes are officially tested against burglary attempts and fire.
Burglary classified safes are offering protection against unauthorized break-in attempts and tested with effective tools, the same as used by professional thieves.
KASO safes have been tested in accordance with EN 1143-1 for burglary protection classes I, II and III.
They are marked with ECB-S security labels placed on the inside of the door.
Non-tested safes are not supplied with ECB-S labels and the break-in security classification is unknown.
According to ECB-S security classification, also the locks must be classified according to EN 1300 standard.
Safes are tested for fire protection in accordance with NT Fire 017 – 60 minutes Paper, which means that testing is performed in a specially designed oven with a temperature of 1000 degree C for one hour.
In real life fire, such extreme conditions are rare. We have witnessed cases where a house was burnt to the ground and the safe was visibly harmed, but inside the contents remained almost undamaged.
You can read one of the stories on our Facebook page:
What is bfp-construction?
KASO has developed a special BFP-construction ¬– multiple security layers, against various break-in tools.
Therefore, our safes are lighter than traditional safes where the security barrier is mainly based on concrete-filled walls. In modern safes, the comparable security classifications are achieved with less weight.
How to install the safe?
KASO safes do not need to be hidden inside a wardrobe, they can be part of the interior.
According to EN 1143-1 the safes weighing less than 1000 kg are recommended to be bolted to the floor or to the surrounding walls preventing the removal of the safe.
The anchor bolt is supplied with the safe along with the installation manual.
KASO has service network internationally. Request a quote for additional services separately: email@example.com
To see other KASO products, please visit: www.kasosafes.com